Next to the honeybee, no one is more affected by the honey bee crisis than local beekeepers. Many have lost entire hives to CCD, and their knowledge is a valuable resource for understanding the challenge we face. Here are some ways to support these bee guardians.
- Buy local honey and hive products, such as beeswax candles. Click Find a Beekeeper to purchase from WLBA members.
- Support the White Lick Beekeepers by purchasing mugs, t-shirts, etc., from our WLBA Store.
- Use natural honey as an alternative to processed sugar. It’s the “greenest” form of sugar!
- Grow a chemical-free lawn and limit pesticide use.
- Check out our Beekeeping Websites page for tons of information about honeybees and beekeeping.